Benefits of Pilates:
- Tones and shapes the body
- Relieves stress and tension
- Promotes core strength and efficient movement patterns
- Improves posture and alleviates aches and pains
- Improves mobility and flexibility of the spine and joints
- Compliments training for athletes and performers
- Promotes injury prevention and rehabilitation
- Helps maintain and improve bone density
- Enhances pre and post operative care/post natal care
- Builds better balance and co-ordination, particularly for the elderly
- Develops the function and efficiency of the lungs with improvement in circulation
Who is Pilates for ?
Pilates offers a safe and beneficial form of exercise for a wide range of medical conditions including Scoliosis, Osteoporosis, Arthritis, and Multiple Sclerosis.
WHAT IF I HAVE AN INJURY?
How do I get started ?
If you are a complete beginner I recommend regular private sessions to start with so you understand Pilates and its key principles which are :
What do I wear ?
What is your studio like
There is also air conditioning and underfloor heating which is very important as this affects the muscles.
You will be working on the newest Reformer machine on the market from USA called an Allegro 2.
For matwork you will be working on large physiotherapy mats that are thick and comfortable which is important so your spine is protected and supported.
The studio is situated in the middle of Santa Gertrudis town and there is parking directly outside.